Business Reading Resources
Valuable business articles
written by Otto Schmidt
- 7 Methods of Motivating Employees to Perform at Their Best
The age of creativity demands new methods of managing and motivating people. Here are a few ideas.
- 10 “Artsy” Activities that Save Business People from Burnout
Many business people think nothing except work, work, work. It is important to engage in other, more "artsy" activities that help reduce burnout, re-energize body and mind, and de-stress.
- 10 Tips on How to Live a Successful Life
Running a business is difficult. Along with the business, we all need to take a look at our lives as well. Here are 10 suggestions that really work to keep you successful in business and life.
- 10 Ways to Stay Motivated While Building a Business
- Building Personal Leadership Skills
- what makes some people great leaders? What qualities do they have?
- Causes of Business Failure
- let us help you figure out why your business isn't doing better.
- Critical and Creative Thinking: Key Factors in Business Success
Critical and creative thinking are vital in bringing in new ideas and ensuring the old one are working effectively. Enjoy a long list of ways to think differently.
- Help! My Boss is a Gifted Genius and Drives Me Nuts!
How would you handle it if your boss was a pure genius, eccentric and a real odd ball? Your boss may be at one of several levels of giftedness. Learn about what giftedness is all about, a few ways to work with highly intelligent people and the benefits of having such a person in command. It's all about valuing intelligence!
- Heroes: Are there any Real Ones Left?
Think about who we get as heroes these days. There must be some real ones out there.
- How Knowing Learning Styles Can Improve Sales and Benefit Your Business
Knowing if people are visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learnings can help you in presenting yourself and your products or services more effectively. Boost sales and your business.
- How Starting a New Business is Like Doing a Crossword Puzzle
- most people who start new businesses need to have a methodical and creative approach.
- How to Find Investors for Your New Company
Money is important for a new venture or business. Find out how to get it.
- Importance of Emotional Intensity in the Workplace
Allowing emotions to show naturally in the workplace seems to be frowned upon. Learn about the negative effects and also the many benefits of emotional intensity.
- a) Personal Qualities of Leadership
- what does it take to be a leader - traits, relationships
- b) Why Leaders Fail
When one dares to be a great leader, the chance of potentially great failure increases. Here are some reasons why leaders fail.
- Personal Skills and Technology - a Perfect Partnership to Assist Special Needs People in the Workforce
- technologically assistive devices in partnership with skills training help level the playing field for challenged people in the workforce. Learn how they work together.
- Protect Your Business in Good Times and in Bad with “Cushions” and “Parachutes”
- do the right things in good times and bad that will cushion the fall or slow it down so you land more gently.
- Skills that Business People Need to Survive and Thrive in Times of Challenge
What generates success in business? Learn about the skills that are absolutely essential for all established businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Spirituality - the Forbidden Word in Business
- Holistic living involves developing mind, body, spirit. Staff development rarely nurtures "spirit" in the business setting. It is often shied away from, yet vital to employee wellness. Learn what areas of the human spirit can be affected, some signs of need for intervention and why it is important to nurture the human spirit regularly.
- Starting a Side Business to Supplement Your Income
- Here are some triggers for earning some cash on the side. These are good for those who have lost jobs and also as possible summer jobs for students.
- Ten "F" Words to Help You Run Your Business
Using "F" words won't help you run your business any better unless you use the right "F" words. Learn about 10 words that will keep you grounded, sane and healthy.
- Ten Ways to Stay Motivated While Building Your Business
Motivation goes up and down. Learn how to keep it high every day.
- Time Management Skills: Improving Productivity
Here are 12 great tips and ideas that will save you time and reduce stress.
- Tips on Being Successful at Any New Business
Staying focused and going in the right direction with a new business is difficult. Use these 10 tips to help you work in a positive, forward, professional way.
- Top 10 Ways to Avoid Being Cheated
Don't you hate it when you are cheated? Here are 10 helpful pieces of advice to keep you safe.
- Why Creative Inventing Needs to Be Nurtured
- all about inventing new products/services.
- Why So Many Professional Development Opportunities Don't Produce Lasting Change
There are countless opportunities for business and individual professional development. Do you know the different kinds and why they may or may not be effective?