Purchase 1 or more Ebooks
(full text is emailed to you
upon receipt of payment)
Book 1 of 2
Accent on Educating
the Highly Intelligent
"environments and activities that nurture giftedness"
Copyrighted 2016-298 pgs. ISBN 978-0-9735123-2-8
AVAILABLE AS EBOOK ONLY
View Samples of the Content
Book 2 of 2
Essential Life Skills
Copyrighted 2004-231 pages ISBN 0-9735123-0-X
Order here. Book is mailed to you.
View Samples of the Content
ALSO AVAILABLE AS HARDCOPY BOOK
Skills are the most important links between the knowledge we accumulate and the quality of what we ultimately do and produce in life. – O.S.
What is a Skill?
A skill is an ability or inner power to communicate, solve problems, and provide solutions or results. It is acquired by training, practice and experience. A skill facilitates performance, the accomplishment of tasks, and general learning, in physical and mental tasks for oneself or others. A skill results in aptitude and competence that lead to becoming an expert or specialist. Skills vary in number and power in all of us.
Click for Skills Workshops
Importance for Educators/Students
The 48 skills are cross-curricular competency skills. They fully support and enhance all curriculum and are suitable at primary, junior, intermediate, senior, adult, special education levels. The skills empower students and help them improve their positions on evaluation rubrics.
Call or email for an opportunity to find out more about skills training for your staff professional development or for a brief presentation at a staff meeting.
Importance for Businesses/Corporations
Learn more than just how to run a business. The skills in "Accent on Essential Life Skills" will strengthen and enrich personal skills and abilities in order to run a business more creatively and solve problems more effectively. The improved skills last a lifetime. (Once you learned how to ride a bike, did you ever forget?)
"Accent on Essential Life Skills" is already being used in many ways:
- A Korean Language Arts education company is developing skills-based curriculum to create a new gifted program for students
- The book is an integral part of an inventor training course soon going into Pakistan and other countries
- Co-operative Learning teachers use the book for training Co-Op students before they go to their business placements.
- Many homeschooled children are learning the skills.
- the National Association for Gifted Children in Great Britain has built workshops/seminars using the concepts and makes the book available to teachers, parents and students
- school staffs use it to enrich courses
- Guidance Counsellors are using it to help academically weak students
- a growing number of Gifted Program facilitators/teachers in North America are using the skills in their gifted programs
- art class students can improve creativity and artistic expression with the skills
- English as a Second Language class students improve their reading and writing after learning the skills
- skills training as an addition to the curriculum for teachers in training
- School-Based Support Teams use the skills to assist students in academic crisis
- a private school in China is introducing the skills training approach to staff and students
- special education schools for disabled and traumatized children in Sri Lanka teach the skills
- the skills are suitable for most special needs and challenged children
- private schools use this book for enrichment or for their gifted classes
- a major software company's executives use the book for personal training and improving thinking and creativity skills (see testimonials)
- help rejuvenate and re-energize stressed or burned out teams
- further empower employees being considered for promotion
- strengthen existing employee skills in creativity, higher-level thinking and problem-solving
- individual business people use the book to improve their skill set in increasingly competitive situations
- several business networking groups are interested in the skills training approach for their members
- independently-operated business professionals can use the skills to improve their areas of specialty and/or expertise i.e. in law, advertising, sales, design, art
- members of the Innovation Initiative Co-operative Inc. inventors support association use the skills to improve their abilities
- tutors use the skills in the book to add to and support the special assistance they provide
- a handyman uses it to improve his abilities to write a book on repairing things
- a portrait artist was taught many of the creativity skills to add to and improve her artistic abilities
- leadership camp administrators use skills as part of their preparations of teen participants
- Ontario Association for Bright Children parents have found it valuable in assisting their gifted children to learn
- some of the skills are being taught to a 2-year-old granddaughter